It is obvious that whenever we do signup process for any app, they asked us to complete our profile first. Likewise, TikTok is a social media app for which you need to provide your profile name and a username. No matter how long you are using TikTok app, you can change your username or profile name both at any time. If you are using your real name and later you want to change it as you were unaware before that your name would be made public or may be your username doesn’t go with the type of content you are going to post, or whatever the reason, you can change it. But the question here is how to change your username on TikTok?
Your username can be used by other TikTok users for tagging you in a post or to find you. Whereas, the users can see your nickname on your profile.
Table of Contents
A Simple Way to Change Your Username on TikTok:
If you want to change your username on TikTok, go to your profile and then tap edit profile. Finally, you can enter your desired username now. This is just a simple explanation that may not be enough for a few people rather they want a detailed explanation to understand the process.
But, before going into the detail, make sure that you can change your username once every 30 days. You can use letters, numbers, periods, and underscores in your usernames. However, a period cannot be used at the end of the username.
Changing Your Username on TikTok in a Few Simple Steps:
Now, let’s get started with a detailed explanation.
- If you already have a TikTok account, then first you need to log into your account from the app.
- Select “Me” in the main menu. You can get it in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- After that, tap the “Edit profile” button.
Note: When you tap the edit profile button, a below-mentioned image like screen will appear on your profile.
On your profile, you will see a big and bold button of “Edit profile”.
4. Now, here you can select a “Username” for your profile by tapping the Username button.
5. Before typing a new username, first you need to delete the old one. Add the new username following the rules of TikTok listed here.
6. Now, tap the “Save” button.
If the username that you have entered is not available, you will be notified at the top of the “Edit profile” page right after you hit the save button. In this case, you have to go back to the “Username” section to try some other username.
Read Also: What is Snapchat Streak And How It Work?
Important Points that need to be considered:
- Your username can only be changed every 30 days. Once you have changed it, you have to wait for the next 30 days to try another username.
- Your username should be unique. If there is someone who already has your username, you can’t use that one.
- When you change your username, your TikTok URL will also be changed. In this case, anyone who searches for you with the old URL will not be able to see your videos.